DeRomo’s Gourmet Market has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Market Manager. DeRomo’s is a bustling, high-end, high-volume gourmet shop that offers an array of items with a emphasis on specialty Italian products. Imagine putting a roof over a charming village in Tuscany and you have DeRomo's Gourmet Market. We offer freshly baked Italian cookies and pastries, an array of house-made items like mozzarella, sausage, and pizza and an impressive collection of imported, domestic, conventional, and organic products from all over the world nestled among our meat, seafood, prepared foods, deli, olive bar, produce section, coffee bar, cheese department, non-perishables, extensive wine selection, and more.
We're looking for a Manager to join our experienced Market leadership team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing business and play a part in our continued success. As part of the management team you'll gain exposure to all aspects of running the business including ordering; coordinating and merchandising inventory; insuring individual departments have prepared properly for expected business volume; meeting and exceeding standards for superior customer service; managing employees; and managing profit and loss.
- Help to communicate, lead and empower the market team to deliver a great shopping experience for our customers in alignment with the company’s vision, goals, expectations and policies while maintaining open communication channels for ideas, suggestions and feedback.
- Be part of managing the fiscal budget, inventories, expenses including labor and supply management and cash control with a high level of integrity, urgency and responsibility and within the best interests of the organization.
- Assist in maximizing sales and profits by ensuring effective display and sales techniques, efficient ordering, scheduling and work planning to department managers and associates.
- As part of the management team, analyze P&L for business opportunities determine areas for improvement.
- Monitor and analyze the internal and external business environment and help manage the store’s competitive position.
- Manage facility assets including promptly addressing maintenance and safety issues and daily maintenance.
- Help ensure store operations are consistent with all aspects of federal, state and company health, safety and sanitation codes.
- Along with the rest of the management team, manage, support and develop team members through feedback, engagement, and recognition.
- With the other managers, train and coach team members to ensure proper product processing, customer service, product knowledge, suggestive selling, and safety and sanitation.
- Ensure the location is properly stocked and merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with customers, associates, schools, vendors, suppliers and regulatory agencies.
- Work closely with Market General Manager in developing departmental standards.
- Oversee the specific department operations based on the goals, objectives and standards of the organization.
- In-depth understanding of all operational issues related to the market with special attention paid to each individual department.
- Knowledge of both Opening and Closing procedures for the Market.
- Provide a model of supportive and participatory leadership promoting the concepts of team building and empowerment.
- Assist General Manager and Market Managers with the monitoring and managing of all labor and other controllable expenditures within budget.
- Monitor overall store conditions to meet customer service objectives and budgetary goals.
- Help direct and maintain inventory, product mix and merchandising standards.
- Evaluate and identify customer service needs and develop necessary training to ensure the Market provides outstanding customer service and customers and communicates clearly and effectively.
- Monitor key indicators to ensure overall satisfaction.
- Maintain a system of staff feedback designed to facilitate communication within and among departments and participate in direct one-on-one performance feedback with supervisors and staff as necessary.
- Help facilitate the flow of information among staff.
- Professional development based on feedback from supervisors.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Supervisory experience and hands-on know how of scheduling, training, evaluating, and discipline.
- Ability to operate and reconcile registers at the beginning and/or end of every shift.
- Skilled at handling large amounts of money.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and make tough decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, working knowledge of IT Retail POS System.
Education & Work Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of retail grocery management experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
The DeRomo's Gourmet Market and Restaurant is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE.
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.
DeRomo's Gourmet Market & Restaurant
BE PART OF OUR GROWING TEAM
At DeRomo’s Gourmet Market and Restaurant, we strive for exceptional taste and consistency, as well as unparalleled customer service. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource to make this happen. Our team members make us who we are by being who they are and by bringing their passion for great food and great service into the workplace.
DeRomo’s Gourmet Market & Restaurant is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management; a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team members through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing growth and development opportunities at all levels within our organization. People are our bottom line because when you develop better associates, you can take better care of your customers. We look for individuals who want to grow and learn with us. We invest in employees who don’t just bring a great résumé but also want to be challenged and inspired. Because people are our bottom line, we build rich professional and personal relationships that our company can stand on.
Company Website: deromos.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)