Join our management team! DeRomo's is a fun, relaxed, upscale authentic Italian restaurant. We're looking for a General Manager with a passion for delivering an exceptional dining experience to every guest, who sets the bar high for service, leads staff by example, and thrives in a fast paced, high volume restaurant known for outstanding food and service.
The General Manager position oversees the FOH activities for the restaurant and bar. They identify, evaluate and develop strategies to enhance guest satisfaction and increase revenue. The General Manager manages the employee functions of the department keeping turnover at a minimum, insuring proper training is scheduled, and the staff motivated. In addition, the General Manager ensures compliance with all food and beverage regulations, as well as monitors equipment and inventory levels. Reports to the CEO and Founder.
- Deliver the DeRomo’s experience by delighting customers through by exceeding expectations.
- Oversee and manage all FOH areas on the restaurant under the guidelines established by the CEO and Founder.
- Assists in the Human Resources functions of the department, specifically orienting, training, scheduling, monitoring, coaching, appraising.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations and securing revenues.
- Maintain the ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Follow up with guests with additional services that enhance the guests’ experience.
- Handle guest requests personally and/or refer as appropriate.
- Handle cash, checks and/or credit cards in accordance with company policies.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Guest oriented and service minded
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, POS systems, ideally Micros)
Education and Work Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 8 years of food and beverage management experience
DeRomo's Gourmet Market & Restaurant
BE PART OF OUR GROWING TEAM
At DeRomo’s Gourmet Market and Restaurant, we strive for exceptional taste and consistency, as well as unparalleled customer service. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource to make this happen. Our team members make us who we are by being who they are and by bringing their passion for great food and great service into the workplace.
DeRomo’s Gourmet Market & Restaurant is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management; a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team members through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing growth and development opportunities at all levels within our organization. People are our bottom line because when you develop better associates, you can take better care of your customers. We look for individuals who want to grow and learn with us. We invest in employees who don’t just bring a great résumé but also want to be challenged and inspired. Because people are our bottom line, we build rich professional and personal relationships that our company can stand on.
Company Website: deromos.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)