DeRomo's is Hiring!
Prepare line according to par sheets or instructions from Executive Chef. Cook products assigned to his/her station. Manage Kitchen when Executive Chef is not in the kitchen. Creates menus and recipes upon direction of Executive Chef.
- Manages kitchen and all the outlets in place of the executive chef, or when the executive chef is not on property.
- Prepares meats and seafood for line and special functions.
- Posts Daily Sheets
- Organize and execute daily production and prep list for restaurant and banquet, via the approval of Executive Chef.
- Maintains sauce, soup and stock prep lists; maintains them on steam table; checks par levels of the same.
- Ensures that all walk- in coolers are neat and that all products are stored properly.
- Ensures that all stations are set and prepped in a timely manner for service.
- Ensures that all food products are used on a timely basis.
- Acts as supervisor of kitchen personnel in absence of Executive Chef.
- Prepares food in accordance with recipes.
- Aids and assist other areas of the kitchen as needed.
- Sets up, maintains, breaks down, and cleans any dirty work stations.
- Serves items in accordance with established portion and presentation standards.
- Notifies Executive Chef in advance of expected shortages.
- Ensures that assigned work station and equipment are clean and sanitary.
- Maintains security and safety in work areas.
- Maintains neat professional appearance and observes personal cleanliness rules at all times.
- Requisitions supplies needed to produce items on menu.
- Adheres to state and local health and safety regulations.
- Covers, dates and properly stores all leftover products that are re-usable.
- Works with all departments.
- Demonstrates and promotes a safe and secure environment for guests, team members, and hotel assets in compliance with workplace policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Observes and secures associate compliance with procedures and methods.
- Assists with other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.
The physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work-exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and /or 80 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand for long hours at the time.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Associate must talk and hear.
Local and Regional travel is required resulting in overnight trips. This position requires the successful candidate to have a valid Ohio Driver’s License. The successful candidate would have to provide proof that s/he has a valid driver’s license upon being hired.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5 years’ experience in an upscale kitchen preferred.
- 2 years’ management experience preferred.
- ServSafe Certified.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
DeRomo's Gourmet Market & Restaurant
BE PART OF OUR GROWING TEAM
At DeRomo’s Gourmet Market and Restaurant, we strive for exceptional taste and consistency, as well as unparalleled customer service. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource to make this happen. Our team members make us who we are by being who they are and by bringing their passion for great food and great service into the workplace.
DeRomo’s Gourmet Market & Restaurant is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management; a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team members through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing growth and development opportunities at all levels within our organization. People are our bottom line because when you develop better associates, you can take better care of your customers. We look for individuals who want to grow and learn with us. We invest in employees who don’t just bring a great résumé but also want to be challenged and inspired. Because people are our bottom line, we build rich professional and personal relationships that our company can stand on.
Company Website: deromos.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)